The secretariat provides support to the Board of Directors and implements its decisions in the course of ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Order.
The Order has five permanent employees:
- Claude David, P. Geo, Chief executive officer and Secretary
- Daniel Tousignant, P. Geo., responsible for professionnal affairs related to professionnal inspection and enforcement for illegal practice (part time)
- Suzanne Leclair, P. Geo., responsible for professionnal affairs related to admissions, communications and professional development
- Karène Laprise, assistant to the secretary and to admissions
- Jean Demers, P. Geo., adjunct-syndic.
Administrative support to the secretariat is provided under contract by Gestion PGA. The following PGA employees assume the stated responsibilities in support of the Order :
- Micheline Pelletier : administrative assistant to the CEO and also Secretary to the Disciplinary Council
- Diane Dulong : accounting and accounts payable.
The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and his main task is to maintain a functionnal organisation ensuring public protection in conformity with the Professionnal Code, the Geologist's Act and related regulations. His duties include :
- To advise the Board with respect to issues relating to its obligations;
- To complete the task decided upon by Council;
- To represent the Order with various bodies;
- To manage activities respecting budgetary constraints;
- To maintain functionning committees and task groups in collaboration with responsible persons by ensuring that objectives, schedules and budgets are respected.
The Secretary's functions are defined by the Professional Code and various regulations.The Secretary of the Order also acts as secretary of the Board.
- Preparation of the annual report and periodic financial reports to the Board.
- Convocation of the Assembly of Members in conformity with the Professional Code.
- Convocation of Board of Directors meetings with production of meeting notes and follow-up.
- Organising elections of the president and administrators.
- Ensuring conservation of documents of the Order and use of the Seal of the Ordre.
- Maintaining the Member's Roll, produce new permits, record striking from the Roll and end of practice.
- Apply procedures for adoption of new regulations and their updating.
- Receving requests for arbitration of accounts, informing the members concerned and accepting the resulting agreements as required..
- Apply procedures resulting from various regulations concerning files, admissions, corporate practice and professional development.